Thursday, March 26, 2009

Weekend of birthday celebration

Last weekend was quite a weekend for birthday celebration, first my uncle (my father eldest brother) 70th birthday celebration at Chevron and my grand-aunt (my father's mum's sister-in-law i believe) 88th birthday celebration at her house. A gathering at my father side is usually a big family gathering, and there were 7 tables for the celebration, with hired photographers for photo taking.

My family photo taking.


My cousin brought gifts from Shanghai i believe as door gift for everyone, a piece of jade and some traditional string for it.


The entire clan, with a few absentees.


The cousins of the clan.

The newest generation, all my nieces and nephews.


All the above photos courtesy of my cousin and my cousin-in-law.

For my grand-aunt birthday, basically it was just home-cooked food at her place. The irony was that the cake i had there was bigger as compared to the one i had for my uncle, a bigger cake for a crowd of around 10+ people as compared to a cake for around 70 people. O well, wish both of my grand-aunt and my uncle to stay in good health, although both of their healths are not so good recently, but still hope there are plenty of birthdays to come.

No comments: